Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In the event of a disaster hits you San Antonio home or business, the SERVPRO of East San Antonio realizes the chaos that ensues. We want you to know that as a locally owned and operated company we know all about San Antonio water damages. We’re here to help with any disaster, day or night (210) 757-0275. While waiting for our arrival, there are a few things to do and not to do outlined in the tips below, however the safety of yourself, your family and coworkers/employees should the number 1 focus.
Here are a few helpful tips that will ensure safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house/building?
- Always assess the electrical for possibly shock or fire hazards
- "Slips and Falls"hazards are one of the most predominant concerns
- Be aware of your limitations, our SERVPRO professionals are highly trained in water damage restoration and can safely mitigate the damages to remove any wet materials. Wet materials ultimately can be VERY heavy
You can trust that you're Bexar County home or business is in good hands with SERVPRO of East San Antonio.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (210) 757-0275
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.