Advice on what to do after facing water flood
Floods in your building can be terrible; we understand how stressful and frustrating this can be. However, there are certain things you can do in the first 24 hours after a flood if you follow our advice.
- Take photos of the damage before removing any water. This will help your insurer understand the extent of the damage.
- Protect Your Health: Sewage or home chemicals could contaminate the water. Wear rubber gloves if you plan on lingering near the water.
- Contact your insurance provider: Notify your insurance company as soon as possible after the flood. Keep the phone numbers of your insurance company and local agent in your phone for emergencies.
- Remove Water: Once your insurer has given you permission to do so, utilise a sump pump and contact a restoration business.
- Mold can develop in as little as 24 to 48 hours after a flood. Make sure to rapidly remove any moist contents, such as carpets and bedding.
Flooding at your home or company necessitates the assistance of an expert. To get it repaired as soon as possible, contact your local restoration firm.